Does winter get anyone else down in the dumps?I’m not trying to blame my attitude on the cold, because I know that owning my attitude is always my responsibility. But man… I really, really hate the cold. It is one sensation I can think of […]
Wakin up next to my best friend this morning was like livin the dream again, finally! [wpvideo AuGFYqqH] Maddie, my roomie who is moved back home for the summer, slept over last night at our student house that we, during the school year, live in […]
My roomies will tell you that my breakfasts are always some sort of sweet thing in a bowl in the microwave.
I don’t know if it’s for the sake of saving time, but I love making microwave creations because they’re easy, so filling, and so delicious. Plus, things in bowls always taste better than things on plates in my humble opinion.
So today I took my pancake recipe, tweaked it a little, and made single serving pancakes in the microwave.
Drizzled with peanut butter and maple cream, and topped with warmed cherries.
Single Serve Pancakes
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup milk or dairy-free milk (I used cashew milk)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 egg white
1. In small, microwave-safe bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
2. Microwave 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency.
3. Serve warm with toppings of choice, ie. maple syrup, berries, banana, peanut butter, Etc.
In many circumstances, I often feel the need to facade professionalism, or to “put it on.” At work as a barista and server; in meetings marketing my freelance writing services; even with my kids at youth, sometimes I believe a lie that professionalism is a […]
This is the perfect pasta for those allergic to dairy, like myself, who also dine with people that aren’t allergic to dairy! No “normal eater” would think this is lacking on taste or flavour.
This pasta makes for the perfect lunch or dinner.
Tomato-Mushroom Basil Chicken Pasta
1/2 cup ground chicken, light and dark meat
1/4 white onion, diced
1/3 green bell pepper, chopped
6 baby carrots, diced
3 large cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
2 tsps Montreal chicken seasoning
1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup cooked brown rice noodles, or other pasta, cooked
14oz canned diced tomatoes
- In medium skillet, saute chicken about 3-5 minutes, or until cooked, over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic, and saute about ten minutes, until very fragrant.
- Stir in all spices and balsamic vinegar; mix well. Add tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 10-15 minutes. Taste for seasoning; add more basil/salt as desired.
- Serve chicken mixture over pasta topped with parmesan cheese (for dairy-free, use nutritional yeast!)
Today I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. My head and heart and spirit have been whirring and I’ve been praying and Jesus granted me lots of awesome people to talk with and engage these thoughts with throughout the day which is cool, but I’ve […]