Three of my favourite words! Banana, Nut Butter, Oatmeal.
Put them all together to make one delicious, healthy dessert? Heck yes!
Banana Almond Oat Cookes
(This recipe was good for just me, or about 4 ball shaped cookies!)
1 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (I used sugar free hazelnut syrup!)
1/2 c oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp chopped almonds
2 Tbsp mashed banana
1. In small pot, combine almond butter and maple syrup over low heat, stirring, until melted and combined.
2. In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
3. Remove pot from heat. Add oat mixture to pot, and stir, until you have an incorporated dough.
4. Roll into balls, or press into a small baking dish, or flatten into cookies on a cookie tray. Whatever shape your heart desires! This recipe can easily be quadrupled multiple times and you can make granola bars on a large tray!
5. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool before enjoying with peanut or almond butter!