Flavourful Dinner For One: Eggplant Curry with Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This meal was so much fun to make!
I decided to blast some tunes and cook a hearty dinner after a long day of working, and coming home from work to work from home and study.
What come to be was an eggplant chickpea curry with a cauliflower carrot soup, both packed with seasoning, flavour, and sustenance.
I ate these alongside leftover Thanksgiving turkey cuz😍
Cauliflower Carrot Soup
2 Tbsp chopped carrot
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp flour
1/2 c almond milk or regular milk
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. In medium sauce pan, heat carrots, onion, and cauliflower in oil over medium-high heat. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes; mixture will be thick. Stir in parsley.
2. Heat coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and cook, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk of choice.
3. Add milk mixture to soup, and stir to combine. Top with Parmesan and salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Chickpea Eggplant Curry
1 cup cubes eggplant
1/4 cup diced onion
2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup chickpeas
2 Tbsp almond milk or regular milk
1 Tbsp parsley
1. In medium skillet, sauté eggplant and onion in oil over medium heat about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes.
2. Add additional oil or spray again with cooking spray, and then add cumin, garlic, ginger, and curry. Mix well. Cover and reduce heat to low to simmer, 25-30 minutes, or until eggplant is very soft.
3. Pour into serving bowl, and stir in milk of choice and parsley. Serve warm; delicious with pita bread or chips!