The best chocolate chip cookies are:
- Extra chocolate chippy
- Extra soft
- Not too crunchy
And I have a few secrets for achieving that:
- Extra chocolate chips
- Margarine instead of butter
- Extra brown sugar
This morning after finishing packing to head to Winnipeg to visit my boyfriend for spring break, I made these cookies for my roommates and his (him too, I guess😉), and my breakfast may have been cookie dough as a result ;).
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In separate bowl, cream together margarine with both sugars until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla and egg, and beat well. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Fold flour mixture into sugar mixture, and mix well with wooden spoon until combined. Drop dough two inches apart in heaping spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes, until edges are just golden brown and middle is set. Cool 1-2 minutes on tray before moving to wire rack to cool completely.