Hey friends! Today’s recipe inventing involved the most flavourful salad I’ve ever put together– involving mixing two homemade salad dressings and topping with these dairy-free pizza chips I found at the grocery store (it’s a miracle I had any left the past few days cuz they’re just amazingly delicious), and, this morning, a new and improved version of my pancake recipe.
I couldn’t decide which one to share with y’all, but I devoured the salad before I could snap a pretty picture. So, I’ll share these pancakes with ya:
Peanut butter banana ones, to be specific. Here’s what they look like when they’ve been all cut up and topped with my favourite things:
Still gorgeous, if you ask me. 😉
Now, these are pretty plain, in my opinion. I love to top them with chocolate melted with peanut butter, plus the other half of the banana that goes in the recipe, and berries. You could definitely throw chocolate chips in the batter, too. But if you’re a plain eater, good ol’ Aunt Jemima on top will do ya just fine.
Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
1/3 cup whole wheat or buckwheat or other flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 banana, mashed well
1 tsp peanut butter
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- In small mixing bowl, combine flour with baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- In seepage bowl, cream mashed banana with peanut butter, ensuring there are no clumps. This will give your pancakes incredible fluff. Add almond milk, and mix until combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, and mix well.
- Heat a bit of oil over medium high heat on a medium-size skillet. When pan is hot, add a big spoonful of batter, spreading with the back of a spoon into a circular shape on the skillet. Cook until the bottom is golden-brown, so your spatula can slide right underneath, about 3-5 minutes; flip with spatula, and cook until the next side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, oiling pan as necessary. You should get about 5 pancakes!
Top as desired– I love adding the rest of the banana, sliced; peanut butter drizzle melted with chocolate chips; and maple syrup!