Toasted Almond Chocolate Bites
Still exhausted over here. Woke up feeling chocolate.
And invented this recipe to bring for the small group I lead tonight.
1 3/4 c flour
1 c sugar
1/2 c cocoa
2/3 c margarine
1 c water
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c margarine, melted
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, margarine, water, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, and vanilla, and stir well with wooden spoon until consistent.
3. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper liners. Spoon equal amounts melted butter into each. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top of margarine. Drizzle on honey. Sprinkle on almonds.
4. Pour chocolate batter evenly amongst muffin cups. Bake in centre of oven about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Pop muffins out of cups and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.