Eating such crazy variety has proven to teach me a lot about the TONGUE! Like, there are so many tastes out there that I have not experienced in years… so cooking, really cooking, like tie-my-hair-back and have six pans going at once with taste testing and whisking and boiling all goin on and spiced up cooking, is a blessing that still hasn’t stopped bringing tears to my eyes the past month.
Today I whipped up a fancy schmancy appetizer salad. I like to call it “Spring-Is-Near” Salad, because it tastes so refreshing and springy. Enjoy, and play around with the ingredients!
And as always, the measurements here are just guesses!
Spring Is Near Salad
(Recipe Serves 1)
About 15g good quality bread, broken into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp grapeseed oil, plus more for frying
1/2 cup kale
1/2 cup baby bok choy, leaves only
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 Tbsp dried mung beans
2 Tbsp vegan cheddar cheese (or regular, or Parmesan)
For the Dressing:
1/2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1/2 Tbsp Brazil nut butter
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In small oven-proof dish, toss bread bites with 1 tsp oil and garlic salt. Bake in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
2. In small bowl, combine kale, bok choy, and basil. Set aside.
3. In small pan, heat a shallow amount of oil over medium heat. Add mung beans; fry until sizzling, and then an additional 3 minutes.
4. To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in small bowl.
5. Toss kale and bok choy mix with dressing and prepared croutons; top with fried mung beans and cheese, and serve on a plate.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. MATTHEW 28:11
The dressing for this recipe sounds interesting, I’ve never had Brazilian nut butter. Will have to try this!
Thanks for the love, umami! 😉 Brazil nut butter is one of my favs for sure, though it is expensive! Whereabouts do you live? The “Nuts 2 You” brand in Canada (and I believe the states) has one combined with coconut!