Ah, well, I am exhausted! Mentally and physically. But never exhausted enough to blog!
Today I am honoured to be responding to a very sweet nomination from Tiffany who is lovely, a wonderful writer, and has an incredible, inspiring story.
The Liebster Award Rules:
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you
3) Give eleven random facts about yourself
4) Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award, with less than two hundred followers
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
AND… here are the questions I was given by the lovely Tiffany.
1) If you could create any flavour of toothpaste, what would it be?
Almost always, when we’re talking flavours, my answer would be peanut butter. But then I realized that brushing my teeth with a peanut butter scent would not be at all pleasant! SO I came up with mango flavoured toothpaste. I feel like that would be refreshing!
2) If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?
Oooh, this is tough. I would start by going into the whole, “I wouldn’t relive any day because that would take the meaning away from it” blah blah blah, but to actually answer the question, a huge part of me wishes it could go back to the first day I binged, and not binge. But I know that my eating disorder was inevitable, and I would not change it, because with it I can help so many. So maybe I would say the day I read the final Harry Potter book, so I could read it one more time without knowing all its beauty first.
3) What is your dream job?
My dream job is to be a pastor, in whatever way God calls me to me. I am here on this earth to be a witness to His glory and to help bring His kingdom to our planet, and I want to do that in the way He has planned for me. Right now, I believe that is to be a pastor at a church and help fulfill God’s works and journey with others to overwhelming passion for Jesus Christ, sustained living that He is everything. And I would love to have a café built into it, with stories weaved on the walls. I have thought about what my obsession with food could mean and God has really placed on my heart lately that food is good, we need food on this earth to fulfill God’s works and sustain us, and I am passionate about good quality, hearty food, so I would create dishes that mimic that!
4) If you could have any question answered what would it be?
The thing is that I really think that all questions can be answered by our first hand relationship with God. He is always right in front of me, ready to take my questions. So actually if I could have any question answered, it would be this one! 😉 haha. I also get very frustrated with wondering what God’s purpose is for human pride. I ask and each time I am met with any sort of pride in my self, I grow more and more frustrated. I guess that is my answer!
5) What is the biggest problem you believe kids face nowadays?
I think the biggest problem is a misguided need for self-love and self-gratification. Kids and adults alike seek to be liked, to be gratified, to be accepted. And in our generation, this comes in the form of Likes, Comments, and Follows. We are creating separate entities and lives on screens, some of it wonderful and some of it extremely destructive, when the focus should not be on ourselves or glorification of our looks or who we are individually. Self-love is promoted constantly, and while we do have to love ourselves, our identity is in Jesus– so we need to love ourselves for that.
6) If you could give one piece of advice to your 5-year-old self, what would it be and why?
Be receptive to God. Stand beside him and keep standing beside Him. Don’t listen to your mental illness one day. It is a call from the devil and it wants to turn you away from God. As difficult as it is, pray and engage in relationship with the Lord.
7) If you could speak any language (other than your native tongue), what would it be and why?
I think Hebrew would be really cool! But I am TERRIBLE at learning new languages!
8) What is your favourite type of tea?
Oh this is so hard. David’s Tea has a chocolate pb one that I love, but I love any chocolatey teas.
9) What skill do you not have that you wish you possessed?
It would be lovely to be able to run really fast. I am not athletic and do not have good hand-eye coordination, and have always wanted to be good at sports!
10) What do you think is your greatest strength?
Hm. I think God gave me an empathetic mind. I love and care about humans, and am not quick to judge.
11) If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do and why?
I think I would really like to go to two of my old friends, and see what they do when they are alone. Does that sound really strange? I just do not have closure in the area of my losing those friends, and am curious to know if they ever think about what happened and need closure, too. I would also sneak onto an airplane and turn back into my human self just to land right in front of Justin Bieber, let’s be real.
Eleven random facts? Really? Wow, ok!
1) I believe that peanut butter tastes good on everything besides citrus fruits.
2) I have a pet fish called Walter who I adore.
3) I love tap dancing. By far one of my favourite hobbies.
4) I’ve been working on a novel for a few years and still have a ways to go, but currently at 40400 words!
5) I have been diagnosed with three different eating disorders.
6) I hate the dark, and get freaked out in my basement alone.
7) I am a Harry Potter fanatic. Harry Potter means the world to be in more ways and for me reasons than I can express.
8) I have two sisters, named Krystal and Courtney. They are both wonderful.
9) I am a very social people person and I love meeting new people.
10) I love the idea of travelling, but get homesick very easily.
11) I’m currently procrastinating on my art history paper!
Thank-you again, Tiffany– for the nomination, for introducing me to your blog which I stalked and which is beautiful, and to so many other bloggers!
AND I nominate:
AND your questions!
- What is a food you would not put peanut butter on?
- Are you religious/spiritual? Tell us about your religion.
- What is your favourite thing to bake?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- Think fast: reading fiction or writing fiction?
- What are the three most important things to you in a significant other?
- What role does food play in your life?
- Do you have any pets/have a dream pet?
- What are your top three favourite songs at the moment?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?