MOTIVATION MONDAY: Blogging Tips
Happy Monday Guys!
Even though my schedule lets me sleep in 3 or 4 days a week, I’m so exhausted! It’s noon but to me that’s like sunrise right now.
Today I want to introduce the components that I think are key to a successful blog. I’ve narrowed that to five key points.
1. BLOG IN CLOTHES. No, seriously. Don’t write a post in your pjs. I am so passionate about this space and what it might do for others, and I look at it like a job. Therefore, I’m not going to scrap together a post right when I roll out of bed in the morning. I always dress for the day and feel professional and clean while I’m writing.
2. SCHEDULE BLOG TIME. When your readers know when you’re going to post and have a small idea what it might entail, they’ll be much more likely to return to your site. Make blogging time like a little date with yourself, and enjoy your time doing it! Blog in a space that makes you feel comfortable and excited.
3. BLOG ABOUT WHAT MAKES YOU PASSIONATE. If you’re passionate about it, readers will receive you with so much more excitement and eagerness. I personally think you should be writing for yourself first, and if you’re passionate about blogging and sharing, the words will come out in a way such that they will inspire your readers.
4. SET GOALS. WordPress has a fantastic stats feature that allows us to check out how our blogs are improving in terms of readership. This is free too, so utilize it! If you have blips or downfalls, take a look at differences between one post to the next. Set goals per week or month, or whatever works for you, in terms of watching those bar lines grow.
5. ACKNOWLEDGE BRAIN FARTS. I think I stole this point from Brey over at Ordinary Adventures, but it really resonated with me. If you’re just not feeling a post, recognize that for what it is and take a break. Don’t write a post for the sake of it. It will be rushed and not reflect your goals.
I hope this is somewhat helpful to anyone new to blogging! Happy Writing.