I’m a big fan of single-serve desserts.
Mostly because dessert is my preferred meal, but certainly not everyone’s.
If I could eat dessert for breakfast, lunch, and dinner… I probably would. And, tbh, I have.
But if you’re not like me, I bet you still crave cookies and baked goods at some hour of the day, but making a whole few dozen seems not only wasteful, but selfish, especially if you’ve no one at the ready to share them with.
Enter: the single serve Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookie.
You could certainly multiply these measurements by 12 to make a dozen, or however many treats you wish. This dough would also make delicious bars!
It is also very easy to customize. Don’t have almond butter? Sub peanut butter, coconut oil, or plain butter. Play around with the sweetener you use, try blueberries instead of cherries, or replace the oats with normal flour!
Have fun with this concept. I would love to see what you come up with!
Single Serve Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookie with Almond Butter Cacao Drizzle
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp oats, ground into a flour (or sub regular flour)
3 Tbsp almond flour
2 Tbsp almond butter
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub stevia or maple syrup or white sugar)
4 dark sweet cherries, quartered
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
For the drizzle
1 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp sweetener of choice
1 Tbsp almond milk or cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In blender or food processor, place oat flour, almond flour, almond butter, and coconut sugar, and blend just to combine. And egg and blend until incorporated.
2. In separate bowl, place cherry pieces, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture from blender to the bowl, and mi with hands or wooden spoon to combine. Add a bit of water or milk if necessary to make a smooth, consistent dough.
3. Grease a small pan or rimmed dish with cooking spray or butter. Press dough into dish. Bake in preheated oven for about half an hour, or until golden brown and slightly crackly.
4. Meanwhile, make the drizzle by placing all ingredients in a small dish. Microwave about 15 seconds, and stir to combine.
5. Serve cookie warm out of the oven with almond butter drizzle.