Food innovation will always bring me so much joy.
I hate going ordinary when it comes to cooking. Thus, this salmon salad is what I brought to a friend’s pool party last night. I came up with the dressing and loved it!
Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad
8 oz salmon
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 c soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
5 cups spinach
2 large heads broccoli, chopped
1/2 white onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed pan with tin foil and place salmon on foil.
2. In small dish, mix vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, maple syrup, peanut butter, garlic, and sesame oil until combined. Pour over salmon, turning to coat entirely.
3. Place tray in oven and bake about 10-15 minutes, turning salmon once.
4. Assemble spinach in a bowl. In large sauce pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook about five minutes. Add broccoli, salt and pepper, and sauté about 10 minutes, or until tender. Add to spinach.
5. Flake salmon into pieces and add to sauce. Serve with extra dressing if desired.