It took three tries to make perfect pizza.
Well, perfect in my opinion. I wanted to make a pizza using pizza yeast that didn’t require a rising time. Three tries and tweaks to make a dough that was thick and doughy, not underdone or overdone, yeasty and soft. And to find my favourite dairy-free toppings (although the toppings are your call)!
Here, my finalized, special pizza recipe.
Homemade Goat Cheese & Bacon Pizza
(For 1 large pizza)
1.5 c flour
1/2 package pizza yeast
2/3 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 T honey
1/2 Tbsp oil
1/2 c basil pizza sauce
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
2 slices bacon, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
salt, pepper, and oregano, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Add water, honey, and oil, and stir to create a sticky dough.
2. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, 5-10 minutes, or until smooth and springy.
3. Stretch and roll out dough to a 9inch, even circle. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with goat cheese, bacon bits, and broccoli.
4. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Place pizza over cornmeal. Bake in preheated oven about 18-20 minutes, or until edges are puffed and slightly brown.
5. Season to taste and enjoy!