Maybe I sound like a broken record.
And maybe I shouldn’t keep reiterating the excitement in the Lord’s victory in my “just cooking.”
But cooking is just so much fun, it’s such a simple and not stressful ordeal, it’s one other facet of life that I happen to be quite good at when I don’t have meaningless things to do with food in my head but rather just Hmm, what do I wanna cook/eat?
And today, I was inspired to roast and spice chickpeas😍 and use up my vermicelli noodles.
The result was a dinner that was out of this world delicious!
And if you know anything about me, yes, it involves peanut sauce, and it involves spicy. And also water chestnuts. I bought them for one reason only, and he knows who he is.
BBQ Chickpea Pad Thai
I made and ate this all myself, so double the recipe for more! The measurements are guesses tho😜
1 cup chickpeas
1/2 T grapeseed oil
1 T turmeric
1 T garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup green beans, cooked
spoonful of peanut butter
rice noodles, cooked and drained
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry. Coat with oil.
2. In small bowl, whisk together all spices. Combine about half the spice mixture with the chickpeas; toss to coat.
3. Spread chickpeas on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes; toss and stir well with a spatula. Roast about 10 minutes more. Allow to cool on baking tray.
4. Meanwhile, make sure you’re rice noodles are cooked and rinsed according to package. In a medium skillet, heat a bit of oil over medium heat. Add carrots, water chestnuts, and green beans. Sauté veggies, stirring occasionally, until tender.
5. In small dish, heat about half of the remaining spice mixture with the peanut butter and a spoonful of hot water; stir well.
6. Add rice noodles, roasted chickpeas, and peanut butter sauce to the skillet with the veggies and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring mixture together. Serve sprinkled with remaining spice mixture. Enjoy!