Happy St. Patrick’s Day, I suppose!💚
Today we celebrated my friend Ernesto’s birthday, and for the occasion, I made “bubble gum” cupcakes on a whim. I am proud of this cupcake recipe that I came up with on my own! It was slightly dry, so I’ve tweaked it below a bit. Let me know if you give these a try!
Bubble Gum Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup goats milk (or any) yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c butter (I used dairy-free margarine)
1/3 c vanilla almond milk (Zoe any milk)
1 egg, 2 egg yolks
2 c powdered sugar
2/3 c butter or margarine
1 T vanilla almond milk
4-5 drops pink food colouring
1. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the lemon juice to the yogurt and stir. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, along with almond milk and butter. Add eggs and beat well until combined.
3. Fill lined muffin tray about 3/4 full of batter. Bake at 350 degrees 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
4. To make frosting, beat together the powdered sugar and butter with electric mixer or wooden spoon until no clumps remain. Add almond milk and stir, adding a touch more milk if necessary. Add food colouring and stir to desired colour.
5. Swirl frosting onto each cupcake in desired shapes and peaks. Decorate with candy as desired (I used bubble gum flavoured candy).