Then I looked up, and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked, “Where are you going?”
He answered me, “To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is.”
While the angel who was speaking to me was leaving, another angel came to meet him and said to him: “Run, tell that young man, ‘Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of people and animals in it. And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will be its glory within.’
I cannot put to words to the manner through which Jesus blew up this Word to me this morning, for His sake. Seek and you shall find, He says– and indeed, this was true this morning. And always is. Our Lord is the greatest listener there will ever be, greater than we can comprehend.
In our intimate moments with Jesus, miraculous and meaningful things happen as we simply awe in His majesty. And His Word– also Isaiah Chapter 30 this morning– is made afresh.
And this morning, I whipped up a dairy-free quiche from scratch. I loosely used a recipe for the crust, but this is mainly my recipe. I hope you enjoy it! It was delicious!
*Note: I did not measure the ingredients that didn’t need to be measured, so the below are approximations! Just have fun! 🙂
Cheesy Ham and Egg Quiche
Recipe serves 1
1/4 cup any flour (I used sorghum flour)
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp coconut oil, hard
1 tsp cold water
1 tsp vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp grapeseed/any oil
2 Tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 slices black forest ham
1 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 Tbsp goat’s milk yogurt (or regular yogurt)
dash of salt and pepper
3 Tbsp Daiya “cheddar cheese” (or regular cheddar cheese)
1 Tbsp goat’s milk yogurt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tortilla chip, crushed
1. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Pinch in coconut oil with fingers, until mixture resembles small crumbs. Add a bit more coconut oil if needed to get the proper texture.
2. In separate bowl, combine water and vanilla almond milk; add to flour mixture. Mix well to form a small, damp ball.
3. Flatten dough into a disc at the bottom and sides of a small, oven-proof dish, careful not to break holes in the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
4. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion, stirring occasionally until tender. Add ham; let sit about five minutes, or until slightly smoky and browned.
5. In a separate bowl, beat egg, almond milk, yogurt, and salt and pepper until combined. Add cheddar cheese and stir.
6. Place ham mixture evenly on top of the crust; pour egg mixture on top.
7. In a small dish, combine 1 Tbsp yogurt, oregano, and garlic powder. Add crushed tortilla chip and mix. Sprinkle evenly on top of quiche.
8. Bake the quiche at 375 degrees in the centre of your oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool about 5 minutes, and enjoy!
Only more of You, God!!!!